Making a Complaint
Pre-Paid Legal takes all complaints seriously and aims to handle them in an effective, prompt and objective manner. Our Complaints Handling process complies with the Australian Standard 3806-2006 Complaints Handling.
When first reporting a complaint, please complete our Complaints Handling Form, proving your member number, a matter or reference number (if one exists), full details of your query and what you would like us to do in order to help resolve the matter.
What type of complaint can I make?
Pre-Paid Legal's Complaints Handling process covers all aspects of its product or service in dealing with any issue arising between yourself and the Legal Service Provider you have been referred to regarding your legal matter.
In the first instance, we would encourage you to contact the Legal Service Provider who is dealing with your legal matter to see if you can resolve the issue together.
If this is not appropriate for whatever reason, you can lodge a complaint with Pre-Paid Legal by completing the Complaints Handling Form, or alternatively through any of the following channels:
Who do I contact to make a complaint?
|Phone||+61 8 9355 5822|
|Fax||+61 8 9355 5833|
|Postal|| c/- Complaints
Pre-Paid Legal Services Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 1, 160 Burswood Rd
In order to investigate your complaint effectively, Pre-Paid Legal will need all relevant information from you.
What information do I need to provide in order to make a complaint?
- Appropriate identification - Full name and Membership number, Matter or Referrence Number (If Applicable).
- Provision of contact details.
- Sufficient detail relating to the nature of the complaint and supply of any relevant documents and other information that may support the complaint and its resolution.
We will then arrange to have the matter reviewed at an appropriate level.
How long will it take to resolve a complaint?
The length of time Pre-Paid Legal takes to resolve your complaint will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised, and the extent of the enquiries required to enable those issues to be addressed:
- Where possible Pre-Paid Legal will attempt to resolve matters at first point of contact.
- Pre-Paid Legal aims to acknowledge all complaints received within two working days of receipt.
- Pre-Paid Legal will endeavour to respond to the majority of all complaints within 10 working days of receipt.
- For complaints that require in-depth investigation or additional information Pre-Paid Legal attempts to respond within 30 working days of receipt.
- Where it has not been possible to complete the complaints review process within 30 working days Pre-Paid Legal will notify you of the reasons for the delay and provide an
updated target date for resolution.
- Acknowledgement and all correspondence will be carried out either by post, email or telephone.